Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Week 3: Reading


This weeks readings were very interesting. The first chapter about reality was the hardest one for me to attempt to put in practice. Here are a few things I took away from the chapter:
The way things are--Being in the present- obstacles are merely part of the present conditions they are not permanent. Understanding how things are without judgment or opinion and accepting this can bring us to a place where possibilities open up.

The second chapter was kind of obvious to me. It is not difficult for me to be passionate about something. It is difficult for me be sensible about what to do about the passions I have. Here is what I took away from this chapter:
Giving way to passion-- Two steps notice where you are holding back and release and participate wholly. I think they need to include that sometimes we are passionate about things that we shouldn't be. Personally, I don't have a passion for something bad but I can think of people who are passionate about smoking or eating. These are passions that should not be.

The last chapter in the reading really hit home. I am a true believer that enthusiasm and positive attitudes are contagious. We have all experienced how laughter is contagious. This chapter discusses these thoughts:
Enrollment is igniting the life force in yourself which in turn ignites it in others and spreads. Generating a spark of possibility for others to share.

1 comment:

  1. Great summary. I really like the way you work through the ideas and grab some take-away idea. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete